Common Marketing Mistakes your Company May Be Making

Marketing is really only as effective as the execution. If you want to make the most out of your campaign, then you need to think about the message and the experience that is being sent to existing customers as well as your future customers. If you want to find out more, then simply look below.

Not doing your Research

Before you launch your marketing campaign, you have to make sure that you understand your customers. It doesn’t matter what the purpose of your campaign is either, whether it is generating leads, increasing engagement or even building brand awareness. You have to make sure that you carve out a portion of your marketing budget for research. When you have done this, you can then try and perform an A/B test. This will help you to form a successful campaign and it will also help you to reap the benefits of your efforts.

Source: Pexels (CC0 License)

Broad Targeting

New tools and platforms will allow for targeted campaigns. If you want to help yourself then you need to use the wealth of information that is available on social media to get a clear idea of who you want to target. You need to know the geographical area you want to target as well as their average age and their income. Finding out the best time of day to post on social media, according to your user habits will help you out a lot here. If you can combine all of these insights together, then this will really help you to make the most out of your data. If you want to rocket your results, then hiring an SEO company is the best way to go.

Not having a USP

Your USP tells you why you think customers should buy from you. It sets your products apart from your competitors and it also helps you to create a central theme for your marketing efforts. Many companies believe that they are creating a USP by saying that their product is better, highly rated or even valuable. This is not the case at all, because vague phrases like this do not help your customers to understand your product. These phrases also don’t show your customers how your product is going to benefit them.

Not Earning Repeat Customers

80% of profit and sales comes from existing customers. The other 20% comes from new customers who will be buying from you for the first time. If you do not retarget existing customers and if you do not encourage them to buy from you again, then this could put a major dent in your profit. Selling to a brand-new customer will cost you five times more money when compared to selling to a customer who has purchased from you before. If you want to earn repeat customers, then you need to try and invest in your marketing, and you also need to try and create a loyalty system. If you can do this, then everything will fall into place for your company, and you will see way better results.

By John-Shea

Internet Marketing Entrepreneur

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *